Pear & blackberry crumbles
• 700g (or 4 large) ripe English pear, peeled and cubed
• 100g golden granulated sugar
• 250g blackberry
• 200g plain flour
• 100g unsalted butter, cold, cut into small pieces
• 85g shelled pistachio, roughly chopped
• 100g demerara sugar
• ice cream, to serve (optional)
• Start by heating your oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Place your pears in a medium-size pan, and add the granulated sugar. Cook on a medium heat until the fruit starts to soften and releases its juices, approx. 10 mins. Next add your blackberries and bring back to the boil, then remove from the heat. Spoon the fruity mixture into 4 individual ovenproof ramekins, or 1 large baking dish.
• Place the flour, butter and a pinch of salt in a large bowl and rub together with your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add the pistachios and demerara sugar, then stir to combine.
• Sprinkle crumble evenly over the cooked fruit. This can be done up to 1 day ahead, or frozen for up to 1 month. Bake for 20-25 mins if small, 40 mins if large, until golden. If baking from frozen, add 15 mins cooking time. Remove from the oven, cool slightly. Delicious served with a dollop of ice cream!